NordStar’s PRIVACY NOTICE
- This Policy creates a framework that provides a secure level of protection for the personal information that is used, collected and transferred within the NordStar entities and other trusted external parties. NordStar uses the minimum amount of personal information required.
- We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site. This software does not enable us to collect any information that allows us to identify a specific person.
When do we collect your data?
We collect personal data about you whenever you book orders with us, when you use our websites, or when you use our call centres. We also collect personal data when you book our freight or logistics services.
Why do we collect and how do we use the personal information?
Registration of the information is necessary to enter into an agreement (booking) with us and to give you service messages, by email or SMS about the booking.
Due to this, we will ask for name, gender, date of birth or age, address, e-mail address, vehicle registration number (if any). Passport number may be registered upon reservation of bookings. We ask for your telephone number so we can contact you quickly if there is any problem with your booking.
Your personal data is also used if you have created a profile on one of NordStar’s websites. If you have created a profile with NordStar and given your consent, we will register your information and use it to target information, offers and products to you and to help us administer the profile. The information is also used to recognize you when you book orders (assuming you are logged in). The information is also used for contests and statistics.
How do we protect your personal data?
When you book with us, we use secure server software, which encrypts all of the information you enter before it is sent to us. This encryption ensures that the information is appropriately protected against unauthorized interception.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The personal data in the booking information will be kept for a period corresponding to the time where we can be met with claims.
If you register a personal profile or subscribe to the e-mail service, we will store your personal data until you delete the profile or unsubscribe from our newsletter. The information will make future bookings easier, as we have already saved your personal data.
To be sure we have updated information about our customers, we will encourage you to make necessary changes in your profile. If your profile has not been used or activated for 3 years, we will delete it.
Subscription to the e-mail service and contests
When we offer you a subscription to our e-mail and marketing services, we will ask for your name and e-mail address so that we can send you our e-mail newsletter. Your name is not required to subscribe to our e-mail service, and you will be able to opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter. When you enter a contest or take advantage of other promotional offers, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer contests and notify the winners.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. For further information visit: our Cookies Policy.
Will NordStar disclose information collected to third parties?
Personal data will be shared internally within NordStar’s organization. We have internal policies and agreements in place to ensure an adequate level of protection irrespective of where in NordStar your data is located.
We will not transfer personally identifiable information about our visitors or customers to a third party, except in the following cases:
- If we are legally required to do so;
- NordStar may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, loyalty memberships and related site information to third-party partners.
- In addition, NordStar may provide information about our customers to third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, or distribution of surveys.
- We may also authorise third parties to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests.
- In the event we sell property of NordStar, or in the event we sell or liquidate any part of business or assets.
Any such sharing will be in compliance with data protection law, and only to trustworthy third parties.
We always strive to clearly inform you regarding the uses and possible disclosure of your information when such information is obtained. If it is not practical to do so at the point of collection, we will inform you as soon as possible, unless there is a legitimate basis for not doing so. For example, where it is necessary for the prevention or detection of a crime or where otherwise permitted by law.